[Simh] pakgen.c - VMS License Key Generator

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Tue Jul 31 08:57:06 EDT 2018

The code that was posted is inappropriate, and should be removed from
the list archives.

VMS has not been abandoned, and this group is not in the business of
stealing IP.

There is a hobbyist program, still available, for non-commerical
licenses.  Legitimate PAKs can be obtained there.

For commercial licenses, other arrangements are necessary - if you have
licenses for physical hardware, last I knew they could be transferred to
emulators.  Contact HP and/or VMS Software (Inc) for their terms.

Distributing this code (whether or not it works) would tend to undermine
the good will that has supported the hobby and emulation community for
many years.  I'm not an attorney, but it may be illegal under the DCMA
as well.

Speaking for myself (I'm not a list administrator), please don't post
this, or anything like it to this list ever again.

And as someone who made a living from IP - don't post it anywhere else
either.