[Simh] CMP R3,(R3)+

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Sun Jul 29 06:42:19 EDT 2018

Hello,

I have a very small debugger for the GT40 called URUG, or micro RUG.  It
has two troublesome instructions: CMP R3,(R3)+ and equivalent with R4.
I suppose SIMH will run it fine even though there's a hazard?

The PALX assembler complains about this, so I'm considering chaning the
code.  As far as I can see, the instructions are used to add 2 to a
register.  It's shorter than an ADD R3,#2, which is important because
there's not a lot of memory on this machine.

Would there be any possible downside to using TST (R3)+ instead?

The whole file is here:
https://github.com/PDP-10/its-vault/blob/master/files/sysen2/urug.27