[Simh] Problem with UC15 simulator

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Fri Jul 20 21:06:14 EDT 2018

Hi Ray,

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 5:47 PM, Ray Jewhurst wrote:
> I am running the current version of Simh on a Dual Core, Quad
> Pipeline Core i5 (3rd gen) laptop with Linux Mint.  Every time
> I go to run the sim this is what I get:
>
> ray at ray-Inspiron-5537 ~/Emulation/UC-15 $ pdp15
>
> PDP-15 simulator V4.0-0 Current        git commit id: 15fd71b9
> sim> set dr enabled
> sim> set cpu api
> sim>
>
> Ok everything's fine with the PDP-15 and now I go to start the UC15 I get:
>
> ray at ray-Inspiron-5537 ~/Emulation/UC-15 $ uc15
> Fatal simulator initialization error
> File open error
> Hit Return to exit:
> Any ideas?
>
> ps I am running them in separate Term windows per instructions.

Since Bob Supnik has just recently introduced the UC15, I'm thinking
he's likely to be the first line of support for that.

Given that, you should download, build and run simh-3.10-RC from:
https://github.com/simh/simh/archive/Supnik-Current.zip

Please try again with the Supnik-Current code and if you see the same
errors there, I hope he'll be glad to look into it.

- Mark