[Simh] Cluster communications errors

Dave L davel.rss at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 20 04:05:11 EDT 2018

Hi Hunter

I run an ESXi host on a USDT system and use a USB3 LAN dongle to give me a
seperate network for user/management traffic so I can use the onboard one
for iSCSI. This was done following the artivle here:

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2016/03/working-usb-ethernet-adapter-nic-for-esxi.html

I note that that USB interface can be dropping packets all the time, not a
big problem if the protocols can handle that and RDP etc suffers no real
issues. But running something like TotalNetworkMonitor on a VM there you
do see that there are up to 50% or so ping packets lost in its probes.

Could be that you are seeing a similar behaviour where the protocol
doesn't handle lost packets too well...

regards
Dave