[Simh] Cluster communications errors

Hunter Goatley goathunter at goatley.com
Thu Jul 19 23:18:20 EDT 2018

Another data point. After more playing around and several reboots, I can
confirm that with tunneling using the host system's Ethernet device,
communications with other cluster members /only/ drops when DECnet is
started.

    %%%%%%%%%%%  OPCOM  19-JUL-2018 23:14:55.58  %%%%%%%%%%%
    Message from user DECNET on DARTH
    DECnet starting

    %CNXMAN,  lost connection to system QUEST
    %CNXMAN,  lost connection to system GALAXY
    %CNXMAN,  re-established connection to system FASTER
    %CNXMAN,  quorum lost, blocking activity
    %CNXMAN,  re-established connection to system VADER
    %CNXMAN,  re-established connection to system QUEST
    %CNXMAN,  quorum regained, resuming activity

That's not a full log, but as soon as I see the OPCOM message about
DECnet starting, I get the "lost connection" messages, then the
"re-established" messages, and then everything is fine afterward.

Hunter