[Simh] Cluster communications errors

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Wed Jul 18 17:44:41 EDT 2018

There are no deliberate buffering delays in the Ethernet layer.  There merely is one thread which receives (and filters) packets and queues the potentially interesting ones.  The available queue gets drained as fast as the simulated system happens to read the available data.  This might affect some worst case situations, but overruns due to speed mismatches and limited capacity of the old physical hardware are much more likely to blame.  Like I said, I’ve got multiple simulated LAVC nodes that can all talk just fine without the errors Hunter is seeing which if Bufferbloat was a factor might be worse there…

-          Mark