[Simh] BCPL

Rhialto rhialto at falu.nl
Tue Jan 30 07:07:45 EST 2018

There is also (unless it's the same as one mentioned before) the BCPL
that I saw back in the Amiga days (AmigaDOS was a slightly hacked up
TRIPOS version, which was written in Cambridge (the real one) in BCPL).

I recall a simple BCPL to bytecode compiler, written in BCPL, and a
bytecode interpreter (presumably written in C), which wasn't to
difficult to get running at the time. The byte code versions were
included for bootstrapping. Something like
http://www.nordier.com/software/bcplkit.html , which seems to be based
on what I remember. There was also some TRIPOS stuff which seemed
interesting at the time because it shed some light on hidden AmigaDOS
internals.

Googling for it finds me the pages of Martin Richards, who was
responsible for TRIPOS. http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mr10/index.html
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mr10/Archive.html

http://projects.exeter.ac.uk/BCPL/WindowsBCPL.htm links to another
archive called BCPLKIT which contains various major versions over time.
http://emma.nfshost.com/index.html in turn points to a "bcpltape.tar.xz"
with even somewhat different stuff.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.