[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Sun Jan 28 14:27:40 EST 2018

On 28-Jan-18 13:45, Tim Stark wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There is BLISS source codes for TOPS-20 in pdp-10.trailing-edge.com.
>
> There is a free copy of BLISS compilers for VAX and Alpha in Freeware CD dist.
>
> There is a online version of  The Design of an Optimizing Compiler on CMU website.
>
> I have a question for you.  Does anyone know any documents to learn how to write BLISS codes?

There is an internal course called BLISS Primer.  It may be on-line; if
not, when I get around to sending more stuff to CHM, I'm sure it will be.

In the TOPS-10 & -20 software notebooks, there are the BLISS-36 Language
Guide, Installation manual, User Guide

TOPS-10 also has the XPORT manual.  XPORT is a library for writing
portable code; including user-mode IO.  Don't know why it's not in the
TOPS-20 set (or maybe I missed it.)

The language guide is pretty readable, if you know another programming
language.

The paper that I referenced earlier gives some context and history.