[Simh] Terminal Emulator

Armistead, Jason Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Fri Jan 26 08:51:47 EST 2018

Another good terminal emulator was WRQ's Reflection 2.  Of course, it was not freeware/shareware, but it ran well, and had its own file transfer protocol built in.  For VAX/VMS hosts, once you uploaded a minimalist bootstrap program (a simple copy-paste operation of a DCL script that embedded some VAX MACRO code that it assembled IIRC), it then copied an actual VAX EXE that could do the heavy lifting of file upload/download long-term. Worked very well and we were loyal Reflection users all the way through from DOS 3.x in the late 1980s through to the days of Windows 2000 (circa Reflection V7.x for Windows IIRC).  Nowadays the Reflection suite is owned by MicroFocus.

Fun times ...