[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jan 25 19:52:56 EST 2018

On 2018-01-26 01:34, Warren Young wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se
> <mailto:bqt at softjar.se>> wrote:
>

>     I wonder if...this might be from some other BASIC dialect that DEC
>     had at some point.
>
> I believe we're using these BASIC programs as-is in our OS/8
> distribution <http://tangentsoft.com/pidp8i/#os8>. 1975 is late in the
> PDP-8's lifetime, but also right at its peak of use, especially in
> education, since the microcomputer revolution had just barely gotten
> rolling by that point.

Hmm. I would not expect much of that code to work on the BASIC that's
under OS/8 without changes as well.
I also checked another file, and found a comment that they should all
work on RSTS/E and RSTS-11, except for SPACWR and another one, and of
course I did most of my examination on SPACWR.
So that explains it. That specific file have more issues. Maybe the
others will work fine in BASIC+ then.

   Johnny