[Simh] VAX Tape Emulation?

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 25 16:39:07 EST 2018

I agree completely.  DECnet is your friend.  On VMS, it works right out of the box.  I have never had a need to try rmt.  As I mentioned in an earlier email, I have built a DECnet FAL-to-NFS gateway using DECnet-Linux.  It works great for storing Backup Save Sets on an NFS file server.  Once there, they can be compressed with gzip to save space for long-term archive.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker at usgs.gov