[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Thu Jan 25 14:39:10 EST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 12:18 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> Since the disk pack contains basic sorces, this could also probably be
> used on rsx systems, but then we need a different file system. Care to
> create a disk in rt11 format, since that is pretty much the common file
> system that all oses have tools to read/write?

An RT-11 format RL01 with the 56 files from the DECtape is in a zip file at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hXBmOUL_dNQaYP6qH9vQ8VVe0KrLoNut/view?usp=sharing

When trying it on other systems be aware that in some of the BASIC-Plus
source files there are continuation lines prefixed by <LF><CR> line endings
(normal lines have <CR><LF>).

Also (in case you're wondering) there are only 56 files - since this was
the maximum number of files that would fit on a DOS-11 format DECtape.

Was there a second DECtape with the remaining games from the book?  If not,
one of these days when i get a round tuit - I should type them in!

Have fun!

Tony

Johnny

--