[Simh] VAX Tape Emulation?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Jan 25 09:28:10 EST 2018

On Jan 24, 2018, at 8:33 PM, Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com> wrote:

> How do I set the tape size to 0?  I’d say that’s a stupid question, but I’ve had very little luck finding documentation on the options.  Though I won’t rule out that I might be blind. :-)

In the SIMH source tree there's a "doc" subdirectory with documents for SIMH generally, and for each of the ports.  The available configuration commands can be found in the specific port document, for example vax_doc.doc and vax780_doc.doc.

The commands are defined per controller type, but it looks like the code uses a consistent syntax:

	set <unitname> capac=0

    paul