[Simh] PDP11 on Simh for public access

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Jan 23 17:41:19 EST 2018

On 2018-01-23 19:13, Bryan Davies wrote:
> Ok.  It all boots up nicely on the VT100 and is pretty much
> indistinguishable from the real thing.

Should be. :-)

> I'm now looking for something to run on it.  iirc the old RSTS
> distributions came with a games account -  [20,20] or something like
> that,  but the V10 distribution doesn't have this.  It only has the
> [1,2] utilities.

[66,66] is what I remember from back in the day when I was using RSTS/E.
But if that was "official" in any way I don't know.
You can always download lots of stuff from the internet otherwise.
Bitsavers for example. I have lots of RSX stuff around, some of that
should work on RSTS/E as well. And there is plenty of RT-11 stuff
around, which should also work fine on RSTS/E.

> Can anyone direct me to a source of games or other interesting
> software?  I've found a few, but presumably they need to be in DSK
> format in order for Simh to load them as a disk?  Or is there another
> way to point one of the emulated devices to a file on the host?

Kermit? DECnet?

> BTW I don't really want Adventure as we have that running on a MicroVAX.

You should have both Adventure and Dungeon, of course...

And if anyone could take some time to check what is needed to get ZEMU
running on RSTS/E, then you'd have essentially all Infocom games, as
well as anything written in Inform.
(ZEMU works fine on RSX and RT-11 today.)

   Johnny