[Simh] PDP11 on Simh for public access

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Jan 23 10:16:57 EST 2018

Johnny asks:

> Do you know what the problem was in detail?

Bryan answered:

> I think my problem was that I had put my EXPECT commands after
> the boot (where they occur in the start dialogue) but they need to be
> set up beforehand.

Absolutely true.  When using simh’s EXPECT & SEND you’ve got to
declare the prompts you want to match before the simulated system is
running so the simulation framework has a clue what you want to
achieve.

Additionally, as I said before:

> When using EXPECT commands, you have to PRECISELY specify what is
> being matched.  There is a difference between “<Yes>” and “<YES> “.

Previously his EXPECT command had:

            EXPECT "Proceed with system startup? <Yes>"

While the correct match string has:

            EXPECT "Proceed with system startup? <YES> "

- Mark