[Simh] DIY microfiche scanner?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Feb 26 16:06:55 EST 2018

On 2018-02-26 21:34, Paul Koning wrote:

>>>    The DS200 is a 68000 based box, right?  Does the source code for the load image exist somewhere?
>>
>> Yeah, it's 68K based.
>> I have not seen the source anywhere. But DEC sold that business as well, and that firmware might have been among the things transferred. They continued doing stuff for quite a while. Not sure if they are still in business. (And I don't remember the name of the company who took the terminal servers over.)
>
> Cabletron, maybe?  They got much of DEC's network stuff.  One of the least favorite companies around here because of how it dealt with employees.

Look what you did. Now you made me look it up. :-)
So, yes. DEC sold it to Cabletron. Cabletron in turn spun the DECserver
business out to it's own company (to quote Wikipedia), called Digital
Networks.
That company now seems to operate under the name Vnetek Corp, but it
would appear they might now have stopped manufacturing DECservers.
Looking at the wayback machine, the information about the DECserver 716
(which was the last model they produced) was removed in fall 2017.

   Johnny