[Simh] VMS monster and pueblo (MUD server for BITNET)

Tim Stark fsword007 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 20:11:48 EST 2018

Folks,

Does anyone know about VMS monster (MUD-like adventure game for VMS system)?

http://www.skrenta.com/monster/

That page mentions new version of monster is available with MDL (Monster
Definiton Language).

In 1980s, that was MUD server on VMS system for BITNET network.  I played it
through BITNET (send command) until admin asked maintainers to shut it down
due to excessively resources.

That MUD server was pueblo at psuvms on BITNET.

I asked them for sw package but they decided to keep it themselves.

However I can now write a program to handle messages by using send command
but I still need JNet programming guides to implement that.

I have JNet software and recently installed it on my VMS system.  I figured
out how to install and configure JNet because I do not have JNet manuals.
JNet supports DECnet and TCP links for sending messages and files to
specific users.

Tim