[Simh] DIY microfiche scanner?

Tim Stark fsword007 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 19:12:23 EST 2018

Ok, thanks for some replies.   I have CanonScan 9000F Mark II flatbed.  It have optical 9600 dpi CMOS sensor with interpolation up to 19,200 dpi.  Also, I will try HD microscope camera (40x to 1000x) someday.  I have backlight pad for scanning.

I have some fiche films for technical manuals which are not in Bitsavers yet like DECserver 200 tm, CI 780 tm, etc.   When I have scanned docs, I will send them to bitsavers.  They can be useful for developing emulators.

I read Al’s links (vintage computing forum), I was surprised to notice a lot of fiches about VMS sources.

I was trying to find Avanti technical manuals (AS200/400) but found separately technical manuals like CPU, PCI chip, etc. because Alpha servers are based on PC architecture.

Tim