[Simh] DIY microfiche scanner?

Rhialto rhialto at falu.nl
Sat Feb 24 10:20:52 EST 2018

On Sat 24 Feb 2018 at 10:24:00 +0100, Mattis Lind wrote:
> I am also interested in this topic. I was recently given a huge number of
> microfiche by a nice gentleman. Thanks Mike! DEC Tech manuals, Diag
> listings, IPBs etc etc. In order 5000-10000 fiches in three blue steel
> boxes.

I remember reading a discussion on some forum, or maybe some series of
blog posts, about somebody in just your position.

The person set up some motorized moving of the microfiches, and bought
some two DSLR cameras to photograph the screen of the viewer. He needed
more than one camera, because the number of pages was greater than the
number of photos the DSLR was rated for.

Now if only I could find it again...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.