[Simh] VAX 7000 I/O system technical manual?

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Fri Feb 23 09:42:10 EST 2018

XMI is XMI.  There were some minor revisions for the VAX9000 (my fault),
but they wouldn't effect SimH.

XMI was used in two modes; in the 6000 as a system bus; in the 9000 as
an I/O bus (the XMIs hang off an adapter from the system's switch).  As
an I/O bus, each XMI is mapped into the physical address space.  Sort of
like Unibus on 780.  Note that busses nest; XMI can have XBI to produce
BI busses.

I don't recall how XMI was used on the 7000.