[Simh] VMware "internal network" and VAX mop frames

gérard Calliet gerard.calliet at pia-sofer.fr
Wed Feb 21 04:58:16 EST 2018

Hello,

It's not specifically a simh question, but I hope someone had experience
about the issue.

I have a VAX VMS on a SIMH on a Windows VMware instance which uses a
dedicated NIC for simh.

I have an OpenVMS on an AlphaVM emulator on another Windows VMware
instance (on the same VMware server) which uses another dedicated NIC
for the emulator.

(The dedicated NIC have no associated protocol (for example ip) ).

I try a network boot from vax vms simh, which could be served by the
emulated OpenVMS alpha emulated. I can see the mop broadcasted frames on
the wire, outside on the VMware server, but they don't arrive at the NIC
at the host instance of the alpha emulation.

I think something is filtered out inside the VMware server between its
instances. I don't know more.

Thanks,

Gérard Calliet

---