[Simh] TOPS-10 question

Quentin North quentin at quentin.org.uk
Tue Feb 20 17:15:05 EST 2018

Hi all

Im trying to get the BCPL compiler on TOPS-10 going and I have the install CTL file which sets out the following pre-requisites:

THE FOLLOWING MODS TO THE SYSTEM/CUSPS ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE SMOOTH  ;
; RUNNING OF BCPL PROGRAMS:                                           ;
; 1. CHECK THE CODE IN LINK RECOGNISES COMPILER CODE #13 AS REQUIRING ;
;    SYS:BCPLIB.REL AS THE DEFAULT LIBRARY. CODE IS IN LINK V2 ONWARD.;
; 2. CHECK COMPIL RECOGNISES THE EXTENSION .BCL AND .BCP AS REQUIRING ;
;    THE BCPL COMPILER. COM22C.SCM IS A FILCOM FILE OF NECESSARY MODS.;
; 3. GET A BCPL LIBRARY AREA BCL: ALLOCATED AND KNOWN TO THE MONITOR.

Items 1 & 2 are relatively straight forward, but Im a complete novice on tops-10 and cannot seem to find out how to set up a new library as BCL: and known to the monitor. Can anyone familiar with the o/s give me any pointers?

Thanks

Quentin