[Simh] pdp11 i/o addressing

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Feb 17 08:20:00 EST 2018

On 2018-02-16 22:35, Larry Baker wrote:
> Sorry Clem and Bob,
>
> I think you are mixing apples and oranges and adding confusion with your
> use of VM to describe two different things.

Yes. We have a conflation of two different things. A rather common
mixup, unfortunately. Even more, though, while your comments below are
accurate, overlays are commonly not done through the MMU at all, so that
is yet another aspect. (That said, under RSX, there is the option of
having overlay mapping done through the MMU, which is faster, but
potentially waste a lot of memory space.)

   Johnny