[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 169, Issue 53

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Fri Feb 16 15:57:59 EST 2018

Rob,

I don't understand why you need sdl2.  I recently built SIMH on my El Capitan Mac at work and my Sierra Mac at home and had no need to install sdl2.  In fact, my brew does not even know about it:

> savaii:Earthworm baker$ brew list sdl2
> Error: No such keg: /usr/local/Cellar/sdl2

> savaii:Earthworm baker$ brew list sdl
> Error: No such keg: /usr/local/Cellar/sdl

> savaii:Earthworm baker$ brew list libsdl
> Error: No such keg: /usr/local/Cellar/libsdl

> savaii:Earthworm baker$ brew list libsdl2
> Error: No such keg: /usr/local/Cellar/libsdl2

> savaii:Earthworm baker$ find /usr -name libsdl\*
> find: /usr/sbin/authserver: Permission denied

As I recall, I did not have to change anything in the most recent SIMH build procedure on a Mac.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker at usgs.gov