[Simh] RSTS/E Reminiscing

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 12:01:35 EST 2018

With all the recent discussion of BASIC games and such, I have been reminiscing about my first days introduced to RSTS/E and the PDP-11 at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's Camp Retupmoc in summer 1977.  At the time they were running V6B on their PDP-11/70.  I've searched for some time for various versions of RSTS/E and I've found a few distributions.

I have a real PDP-11 chassis and cards which I am slowly working toward refurbishing.  But they are newer MicroPDP-11 types and would not run anything older than V8 or V9.  I've found a copy of V6C which is pretty close but I'm wondering if anyone has V6B on TAP format. Hopefully the SYSGEN tape or a running system that can be re-configured.  I would run it on a SIM-11 emulation.

I know mention has been made of source listing/tapes.  I don't know the legality but if it's possible to get source for a V6 or even V7 I'd love to have it to look at to see how things were done.

--
John H. Reinhardt