[Simh] Crowther's Adventure game

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Sat Feb 3 04:57:48 EST 2018

Larry Baker wrote:
> Fortran—especially of that era—is a simple language. It wasn't clear
> to me what the end goal was of the conversation. Starting with old
> DEC-10 code and trying to get it to run on Linux?

Starting with old DEC-10 code and trying to get it to run on an emulated
DEC-10.  Except another operating system.

> Anyway, none of the Fortran code that was posted here was difficult at
> all to understand. Of course, I know it from being proficient in
> Fortran for decades. But, a slight but of Google'ing would have easily
> solved any porting problems.

Agreed.  I tried to do my homework, and read a few Fortran IV tutorials
as well as the original F40 manual.  But I don't think this particular
problem had an obvious cause.

For now I'm content with the proposed solution.  I don't think it's
worth anyones time to dig further into this.