[Simh] Crowther's Adventure game

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Sat Feb 3 00:37:25 EST 2018

> Last year Eric Raymond (The Cathedral And The Bazaar guy) and a few others took the ugly machine translated C code from the last known Fortran version and rewrote/structured it into something that is much more readable and maintainable.

To (apparently) quote the new version(*): "Well, that was remarkably pointless."

To me, a GREAT part of the magic of the original game is that it makes
a silk purse using a sow's ear (and my first two paying programming
jobs were using FORTRAN, and then working on a FORTRAN compiler)!

I recall thinking the tables (back before we called them data
structures) were a thing of beauty when I first saw them.

(*) http://www.catb.org/~esr/open-adventure/notes.html