[Simh] EXT :Re: DEC Alpha Emulation

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Feb 2 20:44:33 EST 2018

Be careful.  The comment about many of the pci boards were only NT while that is true really is somewhat different.  For instance both vms an tru64 (and FreeBSD for that matter) will all boot and run fine with an Adaptec 1542 controller (the 500au in my office only had same in it)

The SPD never spoke of it because neither TruCluster nor VMScluster could properly do failover on them do to issues in the Adaptec microcode which they would not fix because the mass market never cared.  But the default controller for NT/Alpha was just that controller

I mention this because while the qLogic controller is the official one for getting simh running it is going to be a PITA and the Adaptec might be a better first start

Send me email offline if you want more info btw.

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.