[Simh] Crowther's Adventure Game

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Fri Feb 2 15:44:44 EST 2018

Bob Supnik wrote:
> So adding '1X,' to the start of the SPEAK FORMAT statement should do
> the trick.

Yes, it does.  Or should, I tested with 1H .

I see some other versions come with a data file which doesn't have that
extra space in front of the text.  So of course they would need to add
it in SPEAK.

> PDP-11 Adventure was built from the Crowther/Woods 350-point version

I found two slightly different variations of the 350-point version:

http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/source/advent-original.tar.gz

The original Crowther and Woods PDP-10 FORTRAN source code of the
Colossal Cave Adventure (350 points). Every other version can be tracked
down to this one. (There is another version of the original source in
adv350-pdp10.tar.gz)

http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/source/adv350-pdp10.tar.gz

The original Crowther and Woods PDP-10 FORTRAN source code of the
Colossal Cave Adventure (350 points). (There is another version of the
original source in advent-original.tar.gz)