[Simh] Crowther's Adventure game

brian at quarterbyte.com brian at quarterbyte.com
Fri Feb 2 15:12:32 EST 2018

Also, given the FORMAT(/), I’ll also hazard a guess that TYPE did not
automatically add a new line on whatever was printed. But that is just a
guess.

Note that the / in the format statement is not in quotes.  It's a format
specifier that causes a new output record (new line). On a typewriter, I
guess this would be
a carriage return alone, without any vertical spacing? Carriage control
would be effected by the first character output to that next output line

It may be that the TYPE extension expected there not to be carriage control
at all. That part is very fuzzy for me now. That would explain losing the
first character of every line, on a system that DID eat the first character
for carriage control