[Simh] Crowther's Adventure game

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Feb 2 14:38:41 EST 2018

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 2:26 PM, Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew.org> wrote:
>
> Ken Cornetet wrote:
>> Also, given the FORMAT(/), I’ll also hazard a guess that TYPE did not
>> automatically add a new line on whatever was printed. But that is just a
>> guess.
>
> I think your guess is correct.

I'm not so sure.  It may be a case of ensuring the carriage is at the left margin -- remember that Fortran carriage control would insert a line feed at the start of the record (if the record carriage control character is a space) but not a carriage return; that happens at end of record.  So if some previous operation left the carriage at some other spot on the page, you'd end up with weird looking output.  The / supplies <lf><cr> to ensure all is clean.

	paul