[Simh] Quest from 1979 on RSTS/E V06C-03 in Simh (Brett Bump)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Dec 30 19:47:32 EST 2018

> On Dec 30, 2018, at 4:07 PM, Brett Bump <bbump at rsts.org> wrote:
>

> (Reply excluding photos)
>
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2018, Brett Bump wrote:
>

>> Sorry Bob, that kit is a modified version which includes Paul's FORTH run
>> time system ...

With V6C?  Interesting.  I did that work around V9.0, though I don't remember if it was shipped with the kit at that time or only somewhat later.  It doesn't do any real magic so it seems that it should work.

It would be fascinating to find a copy of RSTS V5A and reconstruct the machinery (then totally undocumented and unsupported) for using additional runtime systems.  It was pretty ugly but it worked well enough to enable us to run TECO in 1975 at my college.

	paul