[Simh] Systems Engineering Labs (SEL) simh simulator available

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Wed Dec 26 19:03:12 EST 2018

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 at 09:33, Mark Pizzolato <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 1:18 AM, Rhialto wrote:
>  > On Thu 20 Dec 2018 at 16:03:03 -0800, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
> > > Since no one ever made the effort to package simh 3.9 which was
> > > released in May 2012
> >
> > pkgsrc packaged simh 3.9.0:
> [...]

That's great for NetBSD.   I was unaware of the a formal simh package there.

> Without saying anything negative about NetBSD, the population of Linux
> users
> seems to be dramatically higher.  That was what I was referring to when I
> mentioned
> no updates in so many years.

Well, Joyent also makes binary pkgsrc packages for SmartOS, macOS, and
CentOS/REL :) https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/

While its definitely true that most people run Linux (and Windows), to be
fair it could be argued that simh is not for most people :-p

Thanks

David