[Simh] Transferring the licence file to the VAX emulator

dave porter dave_list_addr at verizon.net
Mon Dec 17 14:22:10 EST 2018

That is how I recall it; it was RMS or else use ACP/XQIOP block I/O.

>Stream is one of the formats supported by RMS, exactly as fixed and
>variable records
>(with prefix length) are.  Actually, stream comes in three flavors,
>depending on
>whether the record delimiter is LF, CR, or CR/LF.  RMS-11 also supports
>these, FWIW.

>So unless license manager goes out of its way to enforce a particular
>record format
>for its input files, I would think it "should just work", RMS should read
>the on-disk
>format and deliver the records (lines) according to the encoding described
>by the file attributes.

Inasmuch as I correctly recall all these arcana, it *should* just work.  I'm
guessing
that the problem we're discussing is that the RMS format and attribute
fields are
not set correctly for the file's actual content; e.g., RMS thinks it's
VAR-CR but there
are nevertheless embedded LFs.