[Simh] VAXELN, rtVAX-1000, WTC, time

Wilm Boerhout wboerhout at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:25:52 EST 2018

> The few actual reads of the TODR during ELN's execution are returning low values (since nothing actually set the clock yet).
>
> Do you get the same result if you don't attach the CLK device?
>
> If the result is the same, then it would seem that ELN doesn't care to use the hardware clock for much of anything.  Maybe there is some setting within ELN that could influence more direct use of the clock.
>
> - Mark

This from the rtVAX 1000 System User's Guide (1985)

When the system is off, the battery backup unit (BBU) (internal) provides
power to the time-of-year (TOY) clock chip on the KA620-A. The code for
the user's language is stored in RAM on this chip and is lost if the BBU
fails.

For more information, see the rtVAX KA620A CPU Module User's Guide

That guide is not to be found on line. So what we're really looking for,
is a battery. :-)