[Simh] Second Release of Burroughs B5500 simulator

Richard Cornwell rich at sky-visions.com
Mon Aug 6 11:06:30 EDT 2018

I am pleased to announce the second release of the Burroughs B5500
simulator for simH.

This includes minor fixes to the simulator to fix some bugs uncovered.

  1) Minor cleanup of some instruction execution to better match
     flowcharts.
  2) Changes to allow proper reboot if OS crashed.
  3) Changes to terminal muliplexer to allow for simH expect/send to
     work.
  4) Some corrections to translation table.
  5) Support for new sim_card interface. This includes support for
     stacking of multiple decks on the input stream.

The simulator simulates a Burroughs B5500 with either one or two CPU's
up to 20 disk units or 10 if using disk sharing (DFX), Drum or auxmem,
1 or 2 card readers, 1 punch, 1 or 2 line printers, and between 8 and
32 terminal lines.

Also I have added some better operating documents to my web site here:

http://sky-visions.com/burroughs/index.shtml

This includes a set of script files that will rebuild MCP XIII from
source and also includes some programs from the CUBE libraries.

Additional software can be found at:

https://github.com/retro-software/B5500-software

The current emulator has been tested with both MCP XIII and MCP XV.

Let me know if you find any bugs.

Rich
Richard Cornwell
rich at sky-visions.com