[Simh] RQ disk formats broken in the latest build?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Apr 10 14:38:25 EDT 2018

On 2018-04-10 20:24, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>> I suspect that might be ok.
>
>    Well, empirically it doesn't work.  The file foo.rd54 is never created and the disk appears offline to any guest OK.  Not OK.  Sorry.

That does sound broken. But I wonder how much that has to do with the
"format". But I honestly am just guessing here. But I can't really see
that the format is the source of the problem. Paul's suggestion that
this might reflect on how the underlying storage is accessed seems
reasonable. In which case it might be indicative of some bug in simh
that has been introduced which is related in some way to what format
then means.

I guess we'll see Mark or someone else who knows the itty bitty details
to respond.

   Johnny