[Simh] DZ11 vs DZV/DZQ11

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Apr 9 21:17:56 EDT 2018

On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Robert Armstrong wrote:
> >Do you see a down side to the rounding up so the number of lines fits?
>
>    For the DZ/DZV/DZQ case I think that will solve the problem.

That should be done now.  Please confirm you're happy with the result.

>    However, I think the VH case is a little more complicated -
>
>   * The UNIBUS DH11 and DHU11 had 16 lines per interface
>   * The QBUS DHV11 had 8 lines per interface
>   * The QBUS CXY08 was DHU/DHV compatible and had 8 lines
>   * The QBUS CXA16  "    "   "    "   "    "   "  16 lines

Well, we don't specifically claim to emulate a CXA16.  If you can find
documentation which describes how Qbus PDP11 or VAX can distinguish
between this controller and a CXY08, then we can add support and thus
have to solve the problem of how many lines.  Otherwise, the existing
expression (Unibus ? 16 : 8) is sufficient in the current VH simulator.

- Mark