[Simh] DZ11 vs DZV/DZQ11

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Apr 9 14:56:37 EDT 2018

I think the whole concept of deriving the number of controllers based on
units in simh is wrong.
I think one should configure each controller separately, including being
able to tell what CSR and vector it has, and how many units should be
connected one way or another, and any other relevant information. For
serial ports, that obviously means that you might connect one line to a
physical line, another to a telnet listener, and another one not
connected to anything at all. And exactly how many units/lines the
controller have should also be a factor here then.

This also comes back to disks, where I might not want to configure four
disks on one controller, but maybe one controller per disk.

The list goes on...

   Johnny