[Simh] 8600 console is T11 not Pro based

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Sep 23 17:06:40 EDT 2017

Correct. And the T11 is running RT-11. The console card in the cpu holds the T11 and the q-bus comes out on cables on the rear. The card itself sits on the same backplane as the rest of the VAX. And that is called the A-bus. You then have one or two SBI adapters on the A-bus, and memory is also there. So, no SBI transaction for the VAX cpu to access memory. And the T11 have local memory on its card. The q-bus then sits in the same box as the first unibus. So that one BA-11 is a bit special in that it holds both a q-bus and an unibus. And the RL02 is located above that BA-11. I have a bunch of docs, but I think most of it is also available online. But I can test as well as check things on the real machine whenever I'm near it. I have both VMS, Ultrix and NetBSD running on it. Just select the right boot script...

  Johnny

Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> skrev: (23 september 2017 20:52:19 CEST)
>Found a good block diagram in the Training Print Set. There was a
>unique
>T11-based CPU that talked to the Cbus on one side and a Qbus on the
>other. Local storage was an RL02.

Skickat från min Android-enhet med K-9 Mail. Ursäkta min fåordighet.