[Simh] SIMH as a library

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Oct 16 19:39:35 EDT 2017

The core SCP code is built with the potentially very different set of compile time #defines that each particular simulator wants or needs.  A library oriented approach would imply N different libraries with the various different combinations of #defines that are in use and a coherent way to name and reference the resulting libraries.  Theoretically possible but a maintenance project in and of itself.

The current model works for almost 50 simulators and can continue for many more.

Once your simulator gets to a stable state and gets merged into the github master branch, you, as the simulator author, can readily make changes to your simulator and submit pull requests that will quickly get merged. This really isn't a problem.

- Mark