[Simh] Dennis_V6 rk05 image v6root bootable in simh?

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 11:39:53 EST 2017

I'm working along with the v6 course https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/6.828/2003

and I came across instructions for running v6 from 3 rk05 images -
v6root v6doc v6src. The images in the course are not available on the
internet, so I went looking to see if TUHS had something similar. I
found the Dennis_v6 folder with what appear to be gzipped copeis of the
3 rk05 images. I downloaded the root disk, unpacked it and tried to boot
in the latest SIMH (tried in earlier versions also):

curl -O -L
http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/Dennis_v6/v6root.gz
gunzip v6root.gz
terra:v6-mit wsenn$ pdp11

PDP-11 simulator V4.0-0 Beta        git commit id: 1d2742ed
sim> att rk0 v6root
sim> boot rk0
Trap stack push abort, PC: 000043 (JSR SP, at 43(R0))
sim>

Does anyone know if this image is actually an rk05 and is bootable
(bonus points for info on how to tell by looking at the file)?

I run v6 all the time, but I built my environment off Ken Wellsch's tape
distribution files.

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF