[Simh] TE16 CRC Errors

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Tue Nov 7 20:36:07 EST 2017

Peter,

I answered my own question.  The VAX/VMS Version 1.6 SPD (http://www.bitsavers.org/www.computer.museum.uq.edu.au/pdf/AE-C770D-TE%20VAX-VMS%20Operating%20System,%20Version%201.6%20SPD%2025.1.4.pdf) specifically states Mixed-MASSBUS configurations were supported:

NOTE:

MASSBUS disk drives and magnetic tape transports can be attached to the same MASSBUS.

Your predicament remains a mystery.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608