[Simh] TE16 CRC Errors

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Nov 7 19:49:05 EST 2017

I actually don't think he has a mixed massbus. I don't think you could
even configure simh for this. Simh have a very simplistic view on
hardware configurations.
You don't configure massbuses, and put devices on them. You normally
just configure the devices, and all the bus and controller
configurations come implicit from that.

So, if you specify a massbus disk, you'll get a corresponding massbus.
And for tapes, you'll get another one.
Both configured appropriately for that specific type of device you have
hooked to it.

In RSX land, only M+ supported mixed massbus, as you mention. Not sure
when/if VMS did. Not sure how much of anything else that might have
supported it either.

   Johnny