[Simh] Networking help with 4.3 BSD Quasijarus running on SimH microvax

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Nov 4 20:50:15 EDT 2017

On 2017-11-05 01:41, Henry Bent wrote:
> On 4 November 2017 at 20:23, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se
> <mailto:bqt at softjar.se>> wrote:
>
>     Beyond that, it just looks like your name resolution is totally
>     failing. Can you ping some known address without involving dns or
>     any sort of name translation? Try something like ping -n 8.8.8.8 and
>     report the result (the -n is important here).
>

> That isn't going to work, Quasijarus doesn't have ping -n.  Just -d, -r,
> and -v.  I guess I should really just install Quasijarus myself so that
> I have a better troubleshooting platform, I've been looking for an
> excuse to do that for a little while anyway.

(I honestly fail to understand why anyone would ever want to deal with
Quasijaurus... And I haven't seen anything from Solokov in about 15
years or so now, is he still working on it?)

Anyway, how backward can Quasijaurus become? If ping don't have a -n
option, there must surely be some other switch which does the equivalent
of just printing ip addresses without doing any translation?

   Johnny