[Simh] OpenVMS 7.3 and Python

Gary Lee Phillips tivo.overo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 15:01:41 EDT 2017

Does anyone know of a version of Python for OpenVMS 7.3 on VAX?

I have seen the versions for Alpha and IA64, and remarks stating that the C
runtime library on the 32 bit version of OpenVMS is "hostile" to Python.
However, I have seen Python (perhaps not the latest and greatest, but
certainly Python) on 32 bit Linux machines. Could the 32 bit open source
Python not be ported to VAX OpenVMS?

I have not personally had much luck with GNV or other porting mechanisms,
but I'm really not a C programmer either. I can work in several languages
but not C.

Thanks for any information.
--Gary