[Simh] An abandoned piece of K&R C

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 05:56:15 EDT 2017

On 11/3/17 12:14 AM, Leo Broukhis wrote:
> https://retrocomputing.stackexchange.com/q/4965/4025
>

> In the UNIX V7 version of the C language, there were the /\ (min) and
> the \/ (max) operators. In the source of the scanner part of the compiler,
> snip

Leo,

This is a great question for the TUHS mailing list as well as SIMH, I
know a lot of those folks are here as well, but you might think about
cross-posting, or if you aren't on the list, I'd be happy to pass it along.

On the source code side of things, in case you haven't seen it, Diomidis
Spinellis pieced together the most comprehensive Unix repo I've seen (44
years of code with comments):
https://github.com/dspinellis/unix-history-repo

and his write up about it can be found here:
https://www2.dmst.aueb.gr/dds/pubs/conf/2015-MSR-Unix-History/html/Spi15c.html

Later,

Will

GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF