[Simh] Questions about VT emulation

Michael Unger db6st.lists at congstar.de
Sun May 28 11:24:31 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-28 02:27, "Johnny Billquist" wrote:

> [...]
>
> As for "usable VT emulators", it all depends on what your expectations
> and demands are.
> Pretty much any terminal emulator will have some level of VT emulation
> in there. But most of them have some bugs somewhere or another.
>
> It you are really picky, then the only one I've found acceptable is
> xterm, and the actual DEC terminal emulator in Pathworks.
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I suppose that one isn't free software ...

> But for most people, something like Putty works well enough.

Rather recently I found the "Tera Term Project Page" [1] by chance:

| [...] Tera Term is open source free software terminal emulator
| supporting UTF-8 protocol. Now TTSSH supports SSH2 protocol
| (Original version supports SSH1).

But I can't comment on the program's quality so far. At least there seem
to be several localized versions.

Michael

[1] <https://osdn.net/projects/ttssh2/>