[Simh] New simulator - VAX-11/782

Hans-Ulrich Hölscher hoelscher-kirchbrak at freenet.de
Sun May 28 09:55:18 EDT 2017

Hi Matt,

I tried your VAX-11/782 with VMS V3.0 and it worked like a charm:

  VAX/VMS Version V3.0 26-APR-1982 16:21

%OPCOM, 28-MAY-1982 08:50:49.75, logfile initialized by operator OPA0
        logfile is SYS$MANAGER:OPERATOR.LOG
  Login quotas - Interactive limit=64, Current interactive value=0
  SYSTEM       job terminated at 28-MAY-1982 08:50:50.19

Username: SYSTEM
Password:
        Welcome to VAX/VMS version V3.0

$ sh dev

  List of Devices               on      28-MAY-1982 08:51:14.40
  Device   Device      Device       Err.    Volume         Free  Trans Mount
  Name     Status  Characteristics Count     Label        Blocks Count Count
  DRA0:    on line mnt                 0  VAXVMSRL3       947504    30     1
  OPA0:    on line                     0
  MSA0:    on line                     0
  TTA0:    on line                     0
  TTA1:    on line                     0
  TTA2:    on line                     0
  TTA3:    on line                     0
  TTA4:    on line                     0
  TTA5:    on line                     0
  TTA6:    on line                     0
  TTA7:    on line                     0

$ show/cpu

%SYSTEM-F-DEVOFFLINE, device is not in configuration or not available
$ start/CPU
$ show/cpu

        Attached processor is in the INITIALIZE state.
$ ! ====================================
$ ! Boot Attached Processor on other console ...
$ ! ====================================
$ show/cpu

        Attached processor is in the IDLE state.
$ stop/cpu
$
$ start/cpu
$ ! ====================================
$ ! Boot Attached Processor on other console ...
$ ! ====================================
$ show/cpu

        Attached processor is in the IDLE state.
$
$ ! ====================================
$ ! Do some processing ...
$ ! ====================================
$ set def dra0:
$ SORT/KEY:(POS:1,SIZE:3) SORT.DAT TEST14/FORMAT:(VARIABLE:132)
$ SORT/KEY:(POS:1,SIZE:3) SORT.DAT/FORMAT:(RECORD_SIZE:132) TEST12
$ stop/cpu
$ show/cpu

%SYSTEM-F-DEVOFFLINE, device is not in configuration or not available
$ @sys$system:shutdown

        System shutdown command procedure.
 ..

Only once there was a (non reproducible) problem after a STOP/CPU when the primary processor got stuck in a loop:
PC: 00002968 (BBCCI #1,E0(R10),2968)

The VAX-11/782 sucessfully passed a 20 user UETP-Test.

Congratulations!

By the way: Is there any progress with the CI project (HSC)?

Best regards,

Ulli