[Simh] New simulator - VAX-11/782

Tim Stark fsword7 at verizon.net
Sun May 21 10:54:49 EDT 2017

Interesting! Thanks for let us know about MP version of VAX-11/780. Will it be 787/789 emulation (VAX-11/785)? How about 784 (4 processors)? I recommend atomic variables for interlocking. Check C++ reference for more information. It requires least C++11 revisions (least GCC version 4.7). Also it now provides threads internally. I will use them in my MSE emulator.

Yeah. I am aware of dtcyber emulator but it is useless due to lack of NOS software available. I was looking for NOS through Internet but can't find it.

I have cray-1x emulator with COS 1.17 software (latest version). I heard that COS sources are released into public domain for 1.13 but I can't find it yet. I am still looking for Unicos software. (UNIX for Cray)

Cray-1x emulator sources were available on code.google.com but Google discontinued that service. Every repos on that site went empty.  I did make a copy of SVN dump before it was gone.

Tim

Sent from my iPad